The island of Cebu is lined with beautiful beaches from north to south where a variety of island tours and activities abound. However, the province also boasts of mountain resorts that give a wonderful alternative to recreational fun and tranquil relaxation that’s worthy of anyone’s time. These mountain resorts will give you an experience that allows you to be in touch with nature and enjoy the scenic views and fresh mountain air. One major advantage of these mountain resorts is that they are relatively close to the city and removes the hassle of spending hours on long distance travel away from your staycation experience. Here are the top 10 mountain resorts you can find in Cebu.
- No. 1 – West 35 Eco Mountain Resort
- No. 2 – Senen’s Mountain Resort
- No. 3 – Mountain View Nature’s Park
- No. 4 – Lava Mountain River Farm
- No. 5 – Serenity Farm and Resort
- No. 6 – Ibabaw Mountain Resort
- No. 7 – Pine Tree Mountain Resort
- No. 8 – Cebu Hidden Paradise Mountain Resort
- No. 9 – Curbada dela Maria Resort
- No. 10 – St. John’s Country Palace
No. 1 – West 35 Eco Mountain Resort
Recreation that keeps you in touch with nature
West 35 Eco Mountain Resort is a sweet spot of recreation with a breathtaking view of surrounding mountains along the Transcentral highway in Balamban, Cebu. The resort offers guest rooms for those who want to stay overnight. They also have amenities that make it great for rest and recreation. They have a restaurant that serves their home-grown organic vegetables and it has an awesome viewing deck that’s perfect for picture taking with the scenic backdrop of lush trees and mountains. For an extra fee, you can hike up to their zipline adventure ride and feel the thrill of zipping fast above a foliage.of trees. Other amenities include a trekking trail, playground for kids, game room, a hanging bridge, and a function room. If you are looking for a great place to take a break from the rush and dash of the busy metro streets of Cebu, you definitely have to try West 35!
You can take a Balamban-bound via Transcentral public van for hire (V-hire) from the Ayala Center Cebu Terminal (PhP 120 per head, one way). Notify the driver when you embark the v-hire to drop you off at West 35. You can also rent a private car since the resort has parking spaces available. Use Waze if your driver is not familiar of the location.
- Pros:Great amenities and close to other tourist spots like Adventure Cafe
- Cons:Can get a little crowded over the weekend
- Entrance Fee:PhP 55 per head
- Room Rates:PhP 4500 to PhP 6500 depending on accommodation type
- References:West 35 Facebook Page
No. 2 – Senen’s Mountain Resort
The north’s refreshing pit stop
Senen’s mountain resort is a terrific venue for parties and team building activities where everyone can take in the picturesque view of the surrounding mountains or the scenic sea view and nearby islands.For an additional fee, you can take a dip in their swimming pool. You can stop by Senen’s if you are headed way up north and enjoy the fresh mountain air and their sumptuous meals. Although the list of the amenities leaves one wanting more, this is an ideal place if you are looking for a place to hold group events or take your family to dip and dine.
It’s most convenient to get here by private/rented car. Senen’s Mountain Resort is situated in Cabadiangan Liloan Cebu about 3kms from the main Liloan highway. From Cebu City, drive up north and take the north national highway going to Liloan. Use Waze if your driver is not familiar of the location.
- Pros:Large function rooms and activity areas
- Cons:Not a lot of amenities aside from the pool
- Entrance Fee:PhP 50 per head
- Room Rates:PhP 600 to PhP 1500 depending on accommodation type
- References:Senens Website
No. 3 – Mountain View Nature’s Park
Cebu City’s most popular mountain resort
Mountain View Nature’s Park is the most preferred resort and recreation spot for the local masses in Cebu City given its close proximity to the city center. Located at Busay in Lahug, this resort provides different amenities for swimming and good outdoor fun for families and friends. They also have guest rooms for overnight stay and function halls for events and parties. This place is ideal for someone who wants a leisurely break without the long travel time.
You can take a 04H jeepney going to Lahug. Ask the driver to drop you off near Lantaw. Mountain view should just be a 10-15 minute upward path walk from the jeepney drop off. You may also get a habal-habal (motorcycle for hire) from JY Mall in Lahug or hire a private car. Taxis and Grab cars are available to take you here as well.
- Pros:Close to the city
- Cons:Very crowded during weekends and holidays
- Entrance Fee:PhP 50 per head
- Room Rates:PhP 600 to PhP 3000 depending on accommodation type
- References:Mountain View Facebook Page
No. 4 – Lava Mountain River Farm
Serene out of town feel without leaving the city
Lava Mountain River Farm is perfect for family vacations or activities with friends and you don’t have to leave the confines of Cebu City. Another Busay resort, this treasure trove of lush foliage and fresh air will certainly give you that much needed rejuvenation and relaxation. With rustic and native feel to the resort’s landscape and design, you’ll get the invigorating feel from visiting one of the beautiful provinces of the country sans the hassle of long distance travel. Although they do require a minimum number of guests to book the place for either day use or overnight stay, the resort will give you a one of a kind experience plus the upside of an exclusive use of their amenities.
You may ride a habal-habal (motorcycle for hire) from JY Mall in Lahug or hire a private car. Taxis and Grab cars are available to take you here as well.
- Pros:Less crowd that will give you a sense of exclusivity
- Cons:Required minimum number of guests
- Entrance Fee:PhP 400 per head, minimum of 8 guests, day use only
- Room Rates:PhP 600 per head on weekdays and PhP 750 per head on weekends, minimum of 20 guests
- References:Lava Mountain River Farm Resort
No. 5 – Serenity Farm and Resort
Gorgeous exclusive rest house you can “own” for a day
Serenity Farm and Resort is another gem in Busay, Cebu. This is an exclusive resthouse that can accommodate 2 groups for day use or overnight stay and they also offers catering services for their guests which makes it ideal for small team buildings or family get togethers.The resort boasts of an infinity pool against a jaw-dropping scenic backdrop of the lush mountains of Busay. If you wish to book this resort, you have to call in advance as they do not accept walk in guests and they tend to be fully booked especially during the summer season and the Christmas holidays. This is a beautiful place to take your family and friends for a restful vacation.
You may ride a habal-habal (motorcycle for hire) from JY Mall in Lahug or hire a private car. Taxis and Grab cars are available to take you here as well. You can also contact the resort to book their transportation services for a separate fee
- Pros:Gorgeous and exclusive place
- Cons:Requires security bond of PhP 5000 for bookings
- Entrance Fee:Not Applicable
- Room Rates:House 1 – PhP 17,000 per night (max 16 heads), House 2 – PhP 10,000 per night (max 8 heads) Excess – PhP 350
- References:Serenity Farm and Resort Facebook Page
No. 6 – Ibabaw Mountain Resort
A relaxing getaway and picturesque scenery
Ibabaw Mountain Resort is a gorgeous destination if you’re looking for a quick and refreshing staycation that will surely bring you close to nature. Imagine a calm and relaxing overnight stay where you can lounge around, read a book or two while you are enveloped by lush trees, breathe in fresh air, and hear the birds chirping around you. While you’re at it, take a swim in their pool and take in the magnificent view of the city’s skyline from afar.They also offer a family room that is perfect to take your family and friends on a relaxing nature retreat. If you don’t want to stay the night, you can rent one of their native cottages and cabanas for day use. This mountain resort will give you that R and R that you deserve with a homey provincial feel that’s truly Filipino.
Find your way to Yati, Liloan (2 hours from Cebu City) and ride a habal-habal going to the resort. You can also contact the resort to book their transportation services for a separate fee
- Pros:Clean resort with friendly staff and native Filipino feel
- Cons:Not accessible by public transportation
- Entrance Fee:PhP 100 for adults, PhP 50 for kids above 2 years old
- Room Rates:PhP 1800 – PhP 3500 depending on room accommodation type
- References:Ibabaw Mountain Resort Facebook Page
No. 7 – Pine Tree Mountain Resort
A serene exclusive resort perfect for a family weekend getaway
Pine Tree Mountain Resort, located on top of mountainous Barangay Gaas, Balamban Cebu, is another destination that is perfect for unwinding from the daily hustle and bustle of the city. True to its monicker, the resort is lined with lush pine trees and other foliage that is simply breathtaking. Being on top of Balamban’s mountains, the overlooking view from the resort will give you a sense of tranquility. The resort is the owner’s private resthouse that they opened for guests who wish to rent the place for family getaways or a trip with friends. The resort offers an infinity pool against a gorgeous backdrop of the mountain view and a jacuzzi where you can dip and ease those tensed muscles. Although it is not widely open to walk in tourists, booking this place will be an amazing experience that will give you amazing sights and a gorgeous breather.
You can take a Balamban-bound via Transcentral public van for hire (V-hire) from the Ayala Center Cebu Terminal (PhP 120 per head, one way).Tell the driver to drop you off the resort, which is just before Adventure Cafe’. It is more convenient to go via private car. Use Waze if your driver is not familiar of the location.
- Pros:Exclusive use of the gorgeous resort
- Cons:Walk-in guests are not allowed
- Entrance Fee:Day use PhP 1500 per head, minimum of 30 guests (booking is required)
- Room Rates:PhP 6000 per room per night, 3 rooms should be occupied/booked
- References:Queen City of the South
No. 8 – Cebu Hidden Paradise Mountain Resort
A place perfect when you’re looking for leisure and adventure
Cebu Hidden Paradise Resort is a mountain resort in the south of Cebu. Situated in a secluded area of the Municipality of San Fernando, Cebu, Hidden Paradise is a terrific find and is best known for office team buildings or outdoor escapade with family and friends. They offer social areas and function halls for group parties or corporate events. This is good for summer team outings as they have different amenities and activities such as adventure trekking, an outdoor swimming pool and non-air conditioned and air conditioned rooms for overnight guests.
You can take a South-bound bus from the south bus terminal in Cebu City and make sure to tell the driver or conductor to drop you off the street for Hidden Paradise from the drop off point, take a habal-habal or motorcycle for hire to take you to the resort. You can also take a private car.
- Pros:Great for big groups
- Cons:Facilities can use upgrades
- Entrance Fee:PhP 100 for adults, PhP 50 for kids 5-8 years old
- Room Rates:PhP 600 – PhP 3500 per room per night, depending on room accommodation type
- References:Cebu Hidden Paradise WordPress
No. 9 – Curbada dela Maria Resort
A splash of colors against a serene naturescape
Curbada Dela Maria Resort is one of the mountain resorts you can find in the south of Cebu. The resort’s appeal speaks of fun and excitement due to its colorful design in the middle of Aloguinsan, Cebu’s mountains. “Curbada”, which translates to “curve” describes the location of the mountain resort as it sits playfully along the municipality’s highway turn. You can come here for a quick day tour or stay overnight in one of their guest rooms. With amenities that are meant for kids (playground, pool, etc.) this resort is ideal for family getaways and can be enjoyed both by the young and the young at heart.
You can take an Aloguinsan-bound bus from the south bus terminal in Cebu City, the resort is along the highway and you can tell the driver or conductor to drop you off the resort. You can also take a private car.
- Pros:Fun and inexpensive family getaway that’s great for kids
- Cons:A little far from the city center
- Entrance Fee:PhP 150 for adults, PhP 100 for kids 10 years and below
- Room Rates:PhP 1000 – PhP 3500 per room per night, depending on room accommodation type
- References:Curbada dela Maria Facebook Page
No. 10 – St. John’s Country Palace
A tranquil slice of rest and recreation in the heart of Cebu City
St. John’s Country Palace is an exclusive resort that lies in one of Cebu City’s elevated areas. This is a great place for exclusive family events such as reunions or a getaway with friends if you wish to take a break from the daily city hurdles of work or you are just looking for a secluded place while you are on your vacation. They only accept exclusive bookings and not open for walk-in guests. It may be a little pricey if you wish to go here alone or plan a trip for two but the resort’s close proximity to the city is one of the resort’s ultimate perks. You can enjoy a quiet and relaxing staycation and reel in the picturesque overlooking view of Cebu’s cityscape while you take a refreshing swim in their pool.
Since the resort is within the city, it is accessible by public transit. You can get to Pit-os, Talamban by taking the number 62-C or 62-B jeepney. Ask the driver to drop you off the Cebu International School or the corner going to the resort, then take a 5-10 minute hike to the resort from the Flying V gasoline station. You can also take a taxi, Grab car or rent a private car and navigate using Waze.
- Pros:Located right in the city proper
- Cons:Exclusive bookings only
- Entrance Fee:PhP 2000 day use passes for 20 heads, additional PhP 150 for each person up to a maximum of 30 guests
- Room Rates:PhP 11500 for 12 persons, additional PhP 350 for additional overnight guest
- References:St. John’s Country Palace Facebook Page