Cebu is a well-known travel destination for both local and foreign tourists.Cebu City tourist attractions such as the St. Nino Church, Magellan’s Cross, Cebu Heritage Monument, Tops Observatory, Taoist Temple, Temple of Leah and Sirao Garden are just a stone throw away from Mactan Island. Thus, some tourists opt to stay in Mactan, Cebu. Mactan, Cebu showcases different kinds of accommodation for all types of travellers. Below are the Top 10 chosen resorts of the writer in no particular order.
- No. 1 – Plantation Bay Resort and Spa
- No. 2 – Shangri-la Mactan Cebu
- No. 3 – Blue Water Maribago Mactan
- No. 4 – Movenpick Hotel
- No. 5 – Crimson Resort and Spa
- No. 6 – Jpark Island Resort and Waterpark
- No. 7 – Be Resorts Mactan
- No. 8 – Solea Mactan Cebu Resort
- No. 9 – Palm Beach Resort and Spa
- No. 10 – Dusit Thani Mactan Cebu Resort
No. 1 – Plantation Bay Resort and Spa
Naturally artificial beach lagoon
Plantation Bay is one of the best resorts in Cebu alone. It is the most preferred staycation for most families of local Cebuano or even foreign and tourist. Total land area of the resort is 11 hectares so expect a vast of swimming pools and fun activities and amenities inside.The resort is almost an hour away from Cebu city so expect peace and detachment from the bustling city life.Rooms and bungalows are situated around lagoons, waterways and pools.They both have the natural beach shore and the man-made swimming pool with both fresh and saltwater.It is also a family friendly resort since they provide different activities such as biking, kayaking, lawn tennis, wall climbing, archery, game room and many more. They also have adult activities such as shooting, scuba diving and an exclusive bar. Usually, one does not just book an overnight stay but a weeklong vacation to completely try out all activities the resort has to offer.
- Pros:Complete amenities, no tipping policy
- Cons:No bringing outside food. Due to location, no food delivery.
- Contact Number:(032) 505 9800
- Price Range:Php 25,000 per room (price may vary depending on the season)
- Operating Hours:24 hours
- Address:Marigondon, Mactan Island, Lapu-lapu City, 6015 Cebu
No. 2 – Shangri-la Mactan Cebu
World class 5-Star resort in Mactan, Cebu
Shangri-la hotels already has a good reputation in the hospitality industry and in Mactan, Cebu branch they did not fail.There rooms are well designed in a chic and modern interior with well situated balconies with breathtaking views of the ocean. It will let you enjoy the beautiful sunrise and sundown in the comfort of your own private room with fresh sea breeze. They also promote their well-maintained snorkeling area just near the beach and even cater scuba diving services and other motor and non-motorized water activities and packages. The resort also accepts exclusive events such as weddings and birthdays in their function hall and wide beach front for a romantic beach set up. The resort is also praised for their exquisite and wide array of dishes on the menu at their exclusive café, the Tides. You can never go wrong with Shangri-la hotels in the Philippines and in other parts of the world.
- Pros:Luxury resorts within reach
- Cons:Sky-rise price
- Contact Number:(62 32) 0231 0288; 231 1688
- Average cost per room:Php 20, 000 (price may vary depending on the season)
- Operating Hours:24 hours; Check-in: 2pm and Check-out: 12noon
- Address:Punta Engaño Rd, Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu, 6015 Cebu
No. 3 – Blue Water Maribago Mactan
Homey vibes kind of resort
Bluewater Maribago has the most Filipino inspired room interiors and theme, it has a spacious room and relaxing ambience. Most of their interiors are made from local woods from the country to support local produce. The resort also hired Filipino designers to achieve the authenticity of a Filipino inspired home. Bluewater Maribago provides complete aqua sports activities such as scuba diving, jet skiing, kayaking and many more motor and non-motorized water activities for the adults and also offers child friendly activities such as, fish feeding at their Marine wildlife lagoon, children’s playground and Kiddie playrooms.
- Pros:You can enjoy various sea activities comfortably.
- Cons:Small and few swimming pools that get crowded with kids easily.
- Contact Number:Telephone +6332 402 4100; Mobile +639988437688／Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Average cost per room:Php 12,000
- Address:Buyong, Maribago Mactan Island PH, Lapu-Lapu City, 6015
No. 4 – Movenpick Hotel
Chic and modern resort for your weekend getaway
Movenpick from its name, is a Mediterranean theme resort on the island of Mactan.From spa retreats to family vacation, the resort offers a variety of services and amenities that will cater all kinds of guest’s needs and tastes.Movenpick Hotel houses the Ibiza Beach Club, one of the most favorable event venues for weddings, birthdays and the likes. Other that the Movenpick’s Ibiza, they have other outdoor and indoor venues for wedding and special event bookings. Due to the fun activities being held there, it is most preferred by young couples and travelers that are seeking for adventure and entertainment on the island.This hotel is a member of the accor hotels club which proves that international standards are being followed.
- Pros:Great amenities and aesthetically pleasing resort
- Cons:A little far from the city proper
- Contact Number:+6332 492 7777／+639176237079
- Average cost per room:Php 14, 000
- Address:Punta Engaño Rd, Mactan Island, Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu
No. 5 – Crimson Resort and Spa
The Lover’s Paradise in Mactan
Another worth trying resort in Mactan is the Crimson Resort. Crimson Resort is slowly making its name in the city, because of the uniqueness and tranquility they offer to their guests. The place has romance and intimacy written all over the place as it focuses on a honeymoon and couples retreat vibe.Amenities include aqua sports, swimming pool and infinity pool, spa, gym, function halls and many more.
- Pros:Perfect for honeymoon and wedding venues
- Cons:Limited kids activities
- Contact Number:+6332 4019999
- Average cost per room:Php 12, 000
- Address:Seascapes Resort, Town, Mactan Island, Lapu Lapu City, Cebu 6015 Philippines
No. 6 – Jpark Island Resort and Waterpark
A fun and thrill staycation in Mactan
*JPark Island Resort is more on waterpark adventures which is perfect for the kids and kids at heart. The resort is 16.5 hectare wide, for their 568 villas and 6 huge themes pools all over the resort. The highlights of this island resort is their sprawling water complex include 3 towering waterslides, a lazy river pool, and a pool with beach-like shoreline. This simply sums up that Jpark Island Resort and Waterpark is perfect for summer family and friends bonding. The resort is also the very definition of a perfect fun staycation since it is packed with enjoyable activities you can do during your stay in the resort.
- Pros:For adventure junky and children
- Cons:Might be noisy compared to other resort due to water park attraction
- Contact Number:+6332 494 5000
- Average cost per room:Php 14, 000
- Address:Address: M.L. Quezon Highway, Brgy.Maribago Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu, Philippines
No. 7 – Be Resorts Mactan
A budget friendly luxury resort
If you are looking for a quiet time at the beach, Be resort is the perfect place for you. Compared to other resorts, it has 2 swimming pools and a beachfront and is smaller in size, but the advantage in this is that you can book the entire resort for an exclusive event to your liking. Weddings are the usual event held in the resort since it can be made exclusive. It is a simple resort with few amenities but with a perfect view of the ocean and amazing sunset by the beach. They also have comfortable air conditioned function halls for indoor events and activities.
- Pros:Budget friendly
- Cons:Not fully equiped with resort’s amenities
- Contact Number:+6332 236 8888; 63 995 510 0812
- Average cost per room:Php 5,000～
- Address:Punta Engano Road, Mactan, Lapu Lapu City, Cebu, 6015, Philippines
No. 8 – Solea Mactan Cebu Resort
Newly built resort perfect for your team
The resort is a fresh and eccentric beach getaway for friends and family, this place is also famous for holding team building events and company activities. They are also known for their fun inflatables in the sea that you can play and enjoy with kids and even adults. They have wide stretched swimming pools you can do laps and refreshing cocktails at their bar and restaurant. They also serve scrumptious breakfast and brunch meals where you can also enjoy by the beach or swimming pool side.
- Pros:Perfect for team building events and company activities
- Cons:Far from the city center and difficult to reach by public transportation
- Contact Number:+6332 517 8889
- Average cost per room:Php 7,000
- Address:Victor Wahing Street, Alegria Cordova, Cebu, Philippines
No. 9 – Palm Beach Resort and Spa
Classy inexpensive boutique resort
Palm beach resort is a small and intimate boutique resort which has a romantic vibe. This resort is preferable for divers who choose to relax in a simple and quiet hotel just within the island. The area is much smaller compared to 5-star hotel but good enough for a relaxing and quiet stay at an affordable price. They also have infinity pool that is perfect to lounge after a tiring day of diving and island hopping.
- Pros:Affordable and budget friendly boutique resort
- Cons:Smaller swimming pool
- Contact Number:+639255864805
- Email Address:email@example.com
- Average cost per room:Php 4,000
- Address:Punta Engaño, Mactan Island
No. 10 – Dusit Thani Mactan Cebu Resort
Thai escapade in Mactan, Cebu
Although Dusit Thani already has a name in the hotel business around the world, they are still a new player to the Cebu crowd. The resort has a combination of Thai and Filipino theme, vibrant and warm hospitality such as the nature of the theme. They have a wide 100-meter infinity pool where you can cool off and lounge the entire day with a refreshing drink or cocktail served at their bars. Since the resort is still new in Mactan waters, they offer special discounted packages and limited time offer rates. They also offer membership registrations at a discounted price where you get to stay at all their hotels around the world at lower membership exclusive rate. They also offer a one-day pass at Php 1888 net per person, with free lunch, free use of swimming and infinity pool, complimentary use of the Fun Zone for one hour for children ages 12 years old and below.
- Pros:World-class resort bringing Thailand hospitality in Mactan, Cebu
- Cons:The resort is far from the city center which makes it tough to get to the location.
- Contact Number:+6332 888 1388
- Average cost per room:Php 9,000
- Address:Punta Engaño Road, Mactan Island, Lapu-Lapu City 6015 Punta Engaño, Mactan Island